Saturday, August 30, 2014

Hello!

Good morning friends!! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! This is our last weekend before school starts!! I am amazed that the time went so quickly, but with a little newborn, time never goes very slow does it!? My kids are excited and then not excited in the same breath! I've been the super easy going, slow start every morning I could this summer!! If my baby slept in a bit, I did too! It's nice that my peeps are old enough to get their own (or help a little one) breakfast and such...yea for slow starting mornings!! Those will be no more!! 

Anyway, onto the fun new sketch for Retro Sketches!! This one is based on this card by Erin.  Hello, drool, drool!! Isn't that an awesome card...nearly perfect in my books!! So, the fun sketch...
 And here is my card! My daughter that will be in 1st grade (all day long, YEA!!) has a teacher that LOVES owls. I was at Impress yesterday(insert weak knees!!), and saw this little owl die/stamp from Lawn Fawn! It had to be ours...right!? It's from a little set called "What a hoot."

My paper is a lovely collection from Prima..and I love the collection of colors!! I used Hero Arts ink in Pale Tomato and Red Royal for the cute little "rock n' rolled" owl. The branchs are cut with the die from PTI in Trendy Trees. I pulled a bit of gold thread...because I can, right!? And I must! Then onto the "hello!" Can you get over that gold paper!!? I grabbed it at Impress yesterday, it is from Pebbles, the new Jen Hadfield collection...oh my word. It's a super great heavy weight...and it is scrumptious! I grabbed that new hello die too, it's from Savvy Dies. And I love it...love. it. 

I hope you play with us at Retro Sketches this week! It is always SO fun to see what everyone comes up with! Oh, the fun, the fun!! 

I have another post for today, so come back and see me ya'll...got some fun news to share!!



No comments: